Great Lecture from Guy Kawasaki, founder and Managing Director of Garage Technology Ventures, at Standford.
You can watch the whole course with 16 useful tips for social entrepreneurs in this link: Make meaning in your company. Standford Lecture
I especially enjoyed the first part of the course where Guy explains how he believes that those companies who set out to make a positive change in the world are the companies that will ultimately be the most successful.
He gives examples of the best way to make meaning:
- increase quality of life,
- right a wrong: find something that is wrong in the world and you fix it.
- prevent the end of something good.
This is the index of the whole course:
- Make Meaning in Your Company
- Don’t Write a Mission Statement, Write a Mantra
- Get Up and Get Going!
- The New Business Model
- Weave a MAT and Outline Your Priorities
- Know Thyself and Niche Thyself
- Make a Great Pitch
- Who to Hire
- Lower the Barriers to Adoption
- Seed the Clouds and Watch the Sales Grow
- Be a Mensch
- Funding Choices
- How Do You Find Evangelists?
- How Do You Find Soul Mates?
- The Career Path to Becoming a Venture Capitalist or an Entrepreneur
- Experience Is Overrated